A reminder we have a working bee scheduled for Sunday – weather being well.
I am chasing down some seed spuds for communal planting and these may have arrived in time.
Weeding and mowing are probably main priorities, as well as removing the shadecloth from the berries to see if any survived the season and giving the small compost bays a turn.
Other garden news:
– The compost heap is heating and has slumped a bit.
– Seeds have been sown in the igloo for Festival of Gardens and summer plantings.
– Good bug mix sown under fruit trees.
– Red clover sown between the strawberries to form a living mulch.
– Garlic is growing well at Helen’s and has just had another foliar feed of seaweed/fish and worm juice).
– More mulch arriving in about 3 weeks (small bales) thanks to John Hanley
– Spring has indeed sprung!